Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice (Hawaii, US)

I don't remember what flavours we got...
While shopping along Front Street in Lahaina, we passed by Ululani's and I remembered seeing it on a travel site, listing it as the #1 "restaurant" in Maui. It was a hot day and we decided to try it out. I have certain tastes when it comes to shave ice (I'm Taiwanese so it's in my blood) so I wasn't getting my hopes up, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the ice (very finely shaved) and the taste of the flavour syrups. We chose to add a scoop of macadamia ice cream to ours, which I though actually took away from the overall taste of the shave ice (there were way too many macadamia nuts in there!).

Regardless, I can see why Ululani's is touted as "the best shave ice" in Maui. I don't agree, however, that it is the best shave ice in Hawaii (I'll save that for another post). If you're in Maui and have a craving for shave ice, you can't go wrong with Ululani's. There's a reason there are 2 of their stores within 100 feet of one another.

Summary
Forget the summary, just go try it out. It's really good.

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment