Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream (Hawaii, US)

The last time we were in Hawaii we looked for Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream and couldn't find it. The address in Honolulu is on University Avenue, but it was nowhere to be found. This time around, we gave ourselves plenty of time to find it. After asking around, we finally found it. The store is actually on Coyne Street, but the complex that it's attached to has a University Avenue address.

Anyway, we stopped by and ordered a couple of flavours each to try it out. Between the 4 of us, we ordered 6 mochis - 2 peanut butter, 2 guava, and 2 lychee.

The mochi wrapping was very thin and soft and didn't stick to my hands. It was lightly sweetened and went very well with the ice cream which was fresh and flavorful. The flavoring in the ice cream was light and subtle. It wasn't too sweet and it was very refreshing. I've had ice cream filled mochis before, and Bubbies was without any doubt at a higher level of quality and taste than any I've had before.

If I went on an empty stomach, I would have ordered half a dozen just for myself. I recommend Bubbies without hesitation.

Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment